FIRST TIME FOCUS
The Buzz Ryan was designed and launched to cater to the first time and recreational triathlete!
There are a lot of races to choose from in the state of Triathlon, and let’s face it, they can be intimidating!
We had newbies in mind when we approached MN Power and inquired about the greatest triathlon venue in the Upper Midwest!
A beautiful sandy beach, paved transition and bike areas, and a flat, scenic run course. Let’s not forget about the finish chute strategically placed at the Island Lake Inn!
TIME TO GET BUZZED! FAST & FUN! RACE SUNDAY JULY 20th - CLICK RIGHT ON THAT CIRCLE THERE
REGISTER NOW - BUZZ IS WAITING TO CHALLENGE & ENTERTAIN!
GET SET TO GET WET!
The Buzz Ryan Sprint Triathlon swim is staged at Minnesota Power/Island Lake Picnic Area.
The bike course for the Buzz Ryan Sprint Triathlon is simply a great course. You will enjoy the pedal.
- SATURDAY JULY 19th
- 4:00pm – 7:30pm
- Registration & packet pick-up at Minnesota Power Picnic Pavilion, Island Lake
- Free Dr. Triathlon Seminar for first time triathletes and those new to area at the beach
- SUNDAY JULY 20th
- (Note, the Duluth Tri starts first, not the Buzz)
- • 6:30am - Transition area opens; NO EARLY ARRIVALS.
- • 6:30 - 7:30 am - Late packet pick-up at Transition Area (Picnic Pavillion).
- • 6:30 - 7:45 am - Body marking and timing chip pick-up at transition entrance.
- • 7:45 am - Pre-race meeting for Duluth Triathlon
- • 8:00 am – Duluth Triathlon swim start
- • 8:45 am - Pre-race meeting for Buzz Ryan Triathlon
- • 9:00 am - Buzz Ryan Triathlon swim start